Pudding and Pie Filling
We love a dessert with multiple uses.
Pudding is tasty on it’s own, but switch it up for a pie filling, add coconut or pineapple and it is a whole new dessert. This easy vegan, dairy & gluten-free pudding recipe is adapted from Jeffrey Sampson, Culinary Director at Kapolei High School.
- 1/3 cup sugar (We use palm sugar)
- 2 cups milk (can use dairy-free milk like almond or full fat coconut milk)
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 Tablespoons Ancestral Taro Powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
3. Stir to combine the simmering liquid for about 2 minutes. It will slightly bubble around the edges.
4. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
5. Remove from heat and let cool. The mixture will be pourable and thicken as it cools. Pour into small individual bowls. Optional to place a plastic wrap over the top to avoid a skin on top.