Love the Stuffing
We like stuffing anytime of the year, have you tried it gluten-free yet?
Hosting guests or have a family member with food allergies? Don’t omit the stuffing just because it’s traditionally made from wheat.
Making your own gluten-free stuffing by scratch is not hard to do.
- 3 1/2 cups gf vegetable broth
- 1 loaf bread, or 6-8 heels of leftover bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large onion-we like Maui, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh sage
- 1/4 tsp. Hawaiian salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread bread cubes in one layer on 2 large baking sheets. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cubes are dry, but not browned.
- Allow bread cubes to cool. Place cooled cubes in a large food processor or divide up into smaller cups and chop until crumbly.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, sea salt and pepper; cook for 5 minutes, then add herbs and vegetable broth. Simmer then transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; gently toss to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool before serving.