Organic Food Conference Essentials
- Conference packaging: I was sourcing eco-friendly packaging. Here are some companies I will be looking further into:
- Conference badge: Use it as a business card and keep it in a handy place before and after the show
- Writing utensils: Pencils for calendar appointments and ball point pens for notes-why not make ’em fancy or colorful but never boring.
- Techy stuff: thumb drive for digital files and photos, adapter for cell use in the car or to download photos from camera, etc. My cell service was spotty in the conference but the camera, calendar and Evernote was working fine.
- Calculator: talking cost of goods, minimums and ingredient costs with suppliers and vendors? Don’t be caught counting on your fingers.
- Wellness: Aside from the vitamins I like to travel with (which I won’t bore you with at this time), there is one supplement I absolutely keep on me while traveling. Melatonin Sleep Support spray from Dr. Mercola has helped me sleep when my brain doesn’t want to turn off. I used it every night on my busy trip and returned home not exhausted. Lip conditioner: to protect your lips from the harsh air conditioning and all the gabbing you are doing. I actually like the natural non-petroleum based lip balms mostly found in health food stores. Natural hand sanitizers: The alcohol free version from Clean Well doesn’t dry out my fingers or leave them numb tingling like the ones with triclosan.
- A work bag worth its weight needs a sprinkling of real life with tchotchkes like unclaimed photo tickets from Disneyland, non toxic nail polish just in case and quartz crystals just because.
What’s in your bag? Leave a comment and share what works for you and what doesn’t.