Chocolate Pudding Pie (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
Vegan, Gluten-Free Chocolate Pudding Pie
We love a dessert like this that can be served for a special occasion or a simple dinner at home.
- 1/3 cup sugar (We use Sunfoods coconut palm sugar)
- 2 cups milk (can use dairy-free milk like almond or full fat coconut milk)
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 Tablespoons Ancestral Taro Powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or vanilla powder from Sunfoods
* Triple this recipe (except still use 2 cups of milk) if making a 9″ pie
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a saucepan.
2. Turn the heat to medium and whisk in the milk.
3. Stir to combine the simmering liquid for about 2 minutes. It will slightly bubble around the edges.
4. Remove from heat and let cool. The mixture will be pourable and thicken as it cools.
5. Pour into small individual pies or *triple recipe (see note above) for a pie shell similar to photo. Place a plastic wrap or wax paper over the top to avoid a skin on top.
6. Place in the refrigerator to cool and set until ready to serve about 3 hours.
7. Add soy and dairy free whipped cream for a tasty topping!
8. Serve in martini glasses or demi cups for an egg-free custard- pudding pie.
To make different flavors and add toppings:
Chocolate version: add 2 Tablespoons of chopped chocolate to the cooled pudding.
Coconut: add one cup shredded coconut after it is cooked then move into the refrigerator to cool.
Pineapple: add one cup fresh pineapple chopped and drained. Make sure to squeeze out some of the juice as the acid will not allow the mix to set.