The Natural Food Product Expo West is like the fashion week for healthy foodies. There were new ingredients and innovative products everywhere. Everyone has their favorites-mine have to meet these three criteria:
- If a food, then must be naturally nutrient-dense (not enriched)
- not sprayed or full of chemicals, GMO-free which is really a combination of 1 & 2.
I am currently happily, healthfully possessed (spurred or moved by a strong feeling) by powders. Why?
- can deliver a multitude of antioxidants and vitamins that would take pounds of raw food to match
- from alternate sources of calcium, protein and sweeteners
- easily consumed by simply adding to smoothies, baked goods or liquids
- easily transportable for quick hunger fixes. I keep small packets in my purse to have my local juice store add to a smoothie for extra protein.
Sunfood Superfood has opened up my curiosity of superfoods by way of powders. There are different maca powders, mangosteen powder and camu camu powders that I can’t wait to explore.
What superfood powder peeks your curiosity?