Make a Meal, Get a Deal: Gluten-free Muffins
This recipe is from the Mary’s Gone Crackers. If you have a box of gluten-free cookies, some very ripe bananas and other kitchen staples, you will be able to whip this up in no time.
1 cup dried, rolled or pitted fresh dates, chopped
1/2 cup juice concentrate (apple or no sugar blends)
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa flakes
1 1/2 cups crushed Cookies (measure after crushed)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt (or any other fruit flavor)
3 very ripe, medium bananas
1 cup raisins (can substitute with dried cherries or cranberries)
4 medium egg whites (beaten to soft peaks)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine first five ingredients in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat for only about 1 minute until dates are soft. Cover and set aside.
3. Mix next five ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
4. In another bowl, mix the brown sugar, yogurt, raisins and mash in the bananas (or any variations).
5. Add cooked dates to banana mixture and fold in dry ingredients until moistened. (Don’t over mix!)
6. Gently fold in beaten egg whites into muffin batter.
7. Spray muffin tins with vegetable spray or use muffin papers and lightly spray papers. With large ice cream scooper, fill until the batter is to top of muffin cup.
8. Top with Nancy’s Streusel Topping and bake 15-20 minutes or until the centers are not doughy. Do not over bake.
Recipe makes 18 large muffins
Enjoy with the whole family!
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?