This is 40. 5 Simple Tips to Consider When Turning 40 (or any mature age for that matter)
1. Moisturize internally and externally
- Add healthy fats and oils to your diet. Try putting coconut oil in smoothies or take at least 1 tablespoon daily, add krill oil, salmon or fish to meals.
- Moisturize with pure oils and creams. Leave additives, preservatives out. Remember your skin absorbs what you put on it and reflects what is inside.
Favorite’s: Dr. Mercola’s Krill Oil, Coconut oil for body, face and food
2. Treat body parts like you do your face
- I have a friend who applies her same facial nighttime regime to her tummy problem areas and wrinkles around the knees. A face can look smooth and clear but don’t forget your hands, knees and neck.
3. Don’t underestimate sleep, water and sweat
- It is both simple and virtually free to get enough sleep, drink more water and have a good sweat. When I started focusing on these 3 things alone, I saw smoother skin, better digestion and energy (youth!)
4. Stay away from excessive squinting, frowning, and straws?
- Protect your eyes from the sun: invest in quality polarized sunglasses (bigger the better).
- Never frown, crinkle or scowl. If angry, use your voice; write it, sing it or say it. Laugh lines are rainbows, scowls resemble facial storage bags meant for squirrel’s nuts. How is that for a visual?
- Consistent and repetitive puckering around a straw promotes lip lines and top of it is wasteful. No need!
5. Sometimes fast with food, alcohol and pillows-yes, I said pillows!
- The Ketogenic and Paleo Diet say giving your digestive system a break for a certain amount of time(overnight) and limit carbs-kick starts metabolism. Let your body work its magic and burn fat naturally.
- I have a friend from South America whose mother sleeps on her back without a pillow so gravity can pull the “chicken gullet” taught. Talk about beauty sleep!
Bonus #6 Last but not least……….
6. Claim your years in life; age is a feeling-not a look. “Life in years” is a much more interesting story. Look great for 40 not just ok for 35.