Substitute Ancestral Taro Powder for corn starch or flour for a grain-free fiber and thickener in this fruit cobbler.
- 3 cups berries
- 1 stick of butter
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup palm sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Ancestral Taro Powder
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (grainless and free from aluminum)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix berries in a large bowl with lemon juice and butter. Mix sugar and taro powder in a separate bowl and stir into the berry mixture.
- Pour berries into a oiled baking pan.
- Mix sugar, flours, salt, baking powder, and milk in a separate bowl. Pour the mixture on top of the fruit.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until brown and cooked through.
— Jana McMahon (@JanaMcMahon) August 28, 2016